Old 04-01-2007, 10:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default i wrote...

"Chookie" wrote in message
You aren't alone, from the tenor of letters to the Herald on the subject.
haven't yet seen anyone who thinks that the desalination plant is a good
idea,
let alone tapping Sydney's underground water.

i forgot to say (in my less-immoderate rant - in the full-blown version it
was there ;-) that what set me off was yesterday's smh article saying the
nsw govt has decided sydney peeps "would not accept" recycled water - hence
it's desalinators full steam ahead, no discussion. ARGH.

I would like to see industrial water usage being looked at. There is a
heck
of a lot of water wasted in industry, I suspect.

What I'd like to see is an allocation of water to households at a moderate
price, based on the number of people who live there. Once you go over
allocation, you get hit with an excess usage charge. That would allow
families with 8 children to still bathe regularly.

EXACTLY. and if everyone got an allocation, it would be up to them what to
do with it & make sure it lasts else pay the price (literally). if they want
a huge green lawn & no showers at all, all power to them, i say! but for teh
govt to act like little hitlers about watering and car washing while doing
absolutely NOTHING about other water use is just moronic, insulting and
rather cross-making. i know that veggie-types are getting increasingly up in
arms because they don't get extra water to grow their food with, yet growing
one's own food is clearly an extreme benefit to everyone.

are even more useless (so that's no use).

Peter "Of course I'm sane" Debnam! Biggest vote winner Morris has!

with peter howling at the moon, morris does not even have to TRY to get his
head out of his arse. i have no intention of voting for either of them,
quite frankly!! (it's just a question of which one to put stone motherless
last).
kylie