Old 04-01-2007, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default OT Printer Poser

MikeCT wrote:
: I'm now on my second printer, the first, an Epson packed up for good
: shortly after coming out of the guarantee period. After using up the
: original ink cartridges supplied with the printer, I switched over to
: compatible which might have had a lot to do with my printer's early
: demise. Acting on advice, I again chose Epson for my second printer,
: this time using genuine Epson cartridges. Now my second printer is
: nearing the end of the guarantee year in February, what should I do?
: Keep buying genuine ink cartridges until it too packs up, or start
: saving money buying compatible cartridges in the hope that it prints
: on for a further year or so?
:
: MikeCT

I ruined an earlier printer by not using the preferred ones so I would stick
to them. It's a rip off but not worth the hassle ... unless you aren't
hassled by it of course!