Old 04-01-2007, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default OT Printer Poser

"MikeCT" wrote in message
I'm now on my second printer, the first, an Epson packed up for good
shortly after coming out of the guarantee period. After using up the
original ink cartridges supplied with the printer, I switched over to
compatible which might have had a lot to do with my printer's early
demise. Acting on advice, I again chose Epson for my second printer, this
time using genuine Epson cartridges. Now my second printer is nearing the
end of the guarantee year in February, what should I do? Keep buying
genuine ink cartridges until it too packs up, or start saving money buying
compatible cartridges in the hope that it prints on for a further year or
so?

MikeCT

Been there. Done that. Scrapped the printer.

STICK TO THE PROPER INK CARTRIDGES. Sorry for shouting but I cannot
emphasise it any stronger. I have a stack of genuine HP 29's because the HP
Printer died of mechanical failure. (email me if you can use them) I am
running an Epson C42 and have a supply of genuine ink cartridges and am
buying another printer tomorrow. What sort I don't know yet, but compatible
with the present computer and another computer I am picking up tomorrow, but
I ALWAYS use the genuine ink cartridge.

My 2d worth

Mike

--