Old 04-01-2007, 11:11 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_5_] Jonno[_5_] is offline

Default Air conditioners

The Airconditioner, removes what ever moisture there is in the air. It
removes it by condensation.You will see humidity reports which tell you how
much humidity there is in the air. You can usually feel it when its
extremely humid after a hot day and its started to rain. Depemding on the
humidity factor, the airconditioner will remove more or less water. A really
dry spell will produce very little moisture, but also, due to less moisture,
less temperature or heat will be trandferred to your body. Thats why its
important to keep dry in cold weather... Thats good becuse otherwise we
could not stay alive when in places like Marble Bar when temperatures are 45
to 50 C. plus.
Regarding the water, the water would be fairly pure and local minerals have
nothing to do with it.What will have something to do with it will be how the
aircondioner is put together and what materials the water is in contact with
on its way to the bucket.
This will usually be minimal. Great for plants and if a little copper or
aluminium is involved it will not hurt any plant.
My fern is doing very well thank you due to this.
Tour airconditioner must be at least 1/2 a horsepower to create this amount
of water.

"LindaB" wrote in message
news
Have not been following the water saving discussions here - lack of
time. So sorry if this has been covered before.

But I am stunned. My beloved has just adjusted down our air
conditioner (you know, that box on the roof). We do not use it a lot,
but when we do, it now sends the minimum 20 litres per hour of water
down into the roof guttering and into the stormwater system.

Bloody Hell!

We have just put a garden hose on the end, and are working out what
sort of small tank goes on there.

He says they all vary, and have to be set at higher rates in areas
where the water is more mineralised. And brands vary. His mother's ran
at either half a litre, or a litre a minute on the minimum!

Lot of water going to waste out there!

Cheers

Linda