Old 05-01-2007, 12:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
Claude[_1_] Claude[_1_] is offline

Default Air conditioners

"Jonno" wrote in message

Evaporative does not create water.

Yes, that aspect has got me puzzled too. I have always been under the
impression that evaporative coolers transfer water molecules into the air
being ducted into the building. So they presumably evaporate a fair amount
of reticulated water but why would there be any unused water going into the
storm water system? Why especially would there be the sort of quantities
going to waste that Linda is talking about? I suppose the answer is that
some systems run the water through a system of pads and anything not
evaporated is piped away rather than reused again - if so, would be
interesting to know if all brands and models are guilty.