Old 05-01-2007, 03:16 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default i wrote...

"0tterbot" wrote in message

well, clearly i was exaggerating in both directions :-) (most people

don't
have a bazillion-litre shower either. except perhaps in coogee & the

hills
district ;-)

You'll enjoy this story (not). Our little local village has recently
become popular with tree changers who come here for what they call the
"lifestyle". Most of us long term residents wonder what "lifestyle"
they're referring to since most of them have moved into a new
development full of McMansions where they could spit out their kitchen
windows into the house next door.

My friend was in the post office one day when a new resident (who has
bought on larger acreage) was complaining that she was having to buy a
tankful of house water (5,000 litres) every 10 days. My friend asked
her what one earth she was doing with the water. Her response was
that she had 3 teenage children and they didn't understand the need
for short showers. My friend has 2 teenage boys of her own so was not
impressed since they don't need to be told, but then they were born to
it. We're still wondering how it is possible for a family of 5 can go
through so much water in such a short time.