Old 05-01-2007, 06:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default help! potato emergency!

"0tterbot" wrote in message
yes, i'm panicking, thank you for asking :-)

the other day, all my taties looked excellent.

as of just now(?!), there's two problems that have appeared all of a
sudden:

small desiree patch:
a number of the plants are turning yellow all over, with the leaves
curling inwards & drying out. i carefully dug around to look at the baby
taties of the diseased(?) plants & the bigger ones seem to have slightly
more textured (wrinkled? what would be the word?) skin than one would
expect, not smooth like a baby spud still in the ground. others, otoh,
looked quite normal to me. i didn't dig around very much though, of
course. (was that a bad thing to do?)

is it possible that they're just ready to dig up??? they never flowered!!!
kylie (who will feel like an idiot if the plants are dying because it's just
time to harvest.)