Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Vine weevil?

"Clive Dive" wrote in message
news:b5acbef3bc33ff6613f15f0f096dd35d.115311@mygat e.mailgate.org...
The fence is NW facing and it gets sunshine from about 1100h until about
1600h due to shape of house; so which plant would be the better option,
please?
As regards the possibility of weedkiller being the cause, I have just
had a look at the vine and there appears to be life in the 'branches' [I
know it's not the right word, sorry]. They all resist being snapped and
spring back to position so I presume it will sprout again, but is it
worth it?

The Parthenocissus will give the best show. But I got the impression you
were most interested in the leaf cover in summer so the Wisteria would do
that as well but would not flower as well.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk