Old 05-01-2007, 06:35 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default Air conditioners

g'day linda,

i've not yet delved into the wastefullness of resources by air
conditioners, but in our current drought situation people are using
units that not only consume power but waste something like 20 litres
per running time hour of valuable drinking water??

that could be potentialy more water use per day than our whole
household uses currently around 300 litres per day.

and all because we aren't designing houses to suit our climate.

this is incomprehensable realy? how many of these units are there
installed around the country and how many are using more than 20
litres per hour?

and here i am wondering about the sheer waste of drinking water to
simply flush urine away.

even in these unsutiable for our condition inefficient homes does any
one ever look to passive cooling before they waster resources?

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:23:47 +1100, LindaB
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len