Old 05-01-2007, 10:24 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default Air conditioners

Here is the information on rebate on water tanks

http://www.yvw.com.au/NR/rdonlyres/4...heet020107.pdf

You will need acrobat to read this.
Form Yarra water website. The rebate appears to cover all of Victoria.
http://www.yvw.com.au/yvw/Home

LindaB wrote:
Hi Len,

Just to confirm, and keeping away from words like "waste" for the
minute (as it could be argued the moment it is drawn from the mains it
is wasted, so things gets confused)

We have now adjusted, turned all sorts of things down etc etc etc.
Including reading water meters with no other water use etc etc. The
minimum this one at the lower size in the range will work at is:

Drawing 50 litres of water per hour from the mains

Sending 20 litres per hour of that water into the stormwater (until we
put the hose on it)

Yes - that sure would do horrible things to your 300 litres a day.

But my important message is - people need to have this sort of
information so they can make decisions. It does not seem to be
anywhere in teh discussions on water saving.

Linda

gardenlen wrote:

i've not yet delved into the wastefullness of resources by air
conditioners, but in our current drought situation people are using
units that not only consume power but waste something like 20 litres
per running time hour of valuable drinking water??

that could be potentialy more water use per day than our whole
household uses currently around 300 litres per day.