Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Paterson Jim Paterson is offline

Default Is it too early to buy seed potatoes?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Whilst being in a garden centre today, under orders from SWMBO, I noticed
they had bags of seed potatoes on sale, I would have thought it a bit
early to buy them, or am I being normally silly?

Alan

Remember they have already been harvested (last year) and stored for some
some time so as long as you keep them dark, cool and frost free they will be
ok. naturally do not plant out until usual time for variety - lates early &
earlies late. March-May