Old 06-01-2007, 05:45 AM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Grey water from washing machine

"Chookie" cackled:

You can check Choice for water efficiency of washing machines. Top
loaders
(which most Aussies prefer) are not very water efficient. OTOH the wash
water
from a front loader might be too 'dirty' (from detergent) to use on the
garden.

I agree. I've just had to swap my front loader for a top loader due to the
bloody thing breaking over Christmads, and I'm not impressed at all with the
new one. Wastes too much water, and doesn't wash the clothes as efficiently;
stuff comes out still a bit grubby, and that never happened in the front
loader. It's a very inefficient way to wash, and I'll be going back to a
front loader as soon as I can afford it.