Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
lentildude lentildude is offline

Default Grey water from washing machine

just a bit of info,

I stopped using bio-z and any washing powder with emzymes as the grey
water
forms a white fungus coating on the lawn. Like the emzyme bacteria is
multiplying on the lawn, then dries cake hard. I am now using the
cheapest $3/kilo brands and lawn
looking great! Must be all the nitrogen.

I usually have a bath each nite, then use the bath water to fill
washing machine then
out to the lawn and lemon tree. Only hassle is waiting around with
a bucket to fill machine each cycle. The last rinse I let the machine
use clean tap water but I only let it
fill to EXTRA LOW setting.