Old 06-01-2007, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] kencohen@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default The trouble with Jerusalem Artichokes

Did anyone see "Grow your own veg" on BBC2 last night? It was
enthusiastically promoting Jerusalem Artichokes as easy to grow and
good to eat, enough to induce me to order some seed tubers this
morning, but omitted to mention a key fact about these little chaps.
I know from experience that, although they are delicious, and hence
make you want to eat a lot of them, they are the very devil for
causing flatulence, unless you are very restrained about how much you
eat. Does anyone know the answer to this? Is there something you
can eat or cook with them, which will enable you to enjoy the
wonderful flavour without making you fart?

Ken