Old 06-01-2007, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Pampas Grass

In article . com,
"Red Tomato" writes:

| I have a HUGE clump of pampas grass and want to cut back but have NO
| idea where to start, any ideas on how to do this and when?

Wait until the hedgehogs have woken up (they often hibernate under it),
ask that nice Mr Blair for one of his surplus Iraqi weapons of mass
destruction, and nuke it. If he hasn't got one spare, just set light
to it. If you are in no hurry, wait until autumn before doing that.

Seriously. The worst problem is if it isn't in a location where
burning it is safe. Cutting it back by hand is a sanguinary experience.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.