Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Anyone have any champagne rhubarb seeds?

In message
, Farm1
writes

"echinosum" wrote in message

Farm1 Wrote:
"misterroy" wrote in message
ups.com...-
Hi, i've tried many of the online stores, and none have them,-
(unwins-
say they have, but there is none in stock), anyone here willing

to-
sell-
me some?-

I'd never heard of "champagne" rhubarb before so did a google for
this wonderous new variety that obviously isn't available in my
country.

I found this site:
http://tinyurl.com/yxeknq
&frame=Right&Src=/edible.nsf/pages/ed.1407!opendocument
which suggests that it's merely blanched rhubarb.

Is this right?

If you look at RHS plant-finder, under Rheum x hybridum "Champagne"

you
will find the wording "tentatively accepted name", which I suppose

means
that it isn't a well-defined variety.

I'm not in the UK so don't have one.

PlantFinder is available on-line. Follow your nose from www.rhs.org.uk