Old 06-01-2007, 11:07 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.family
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default i wrote... NOW X-POSTED

g'day chookie,

don't know that citified realy says it all, but yuippiefied might?

we are baby boome parents born in the 40's to late 50's, when homes
where simple, water use was minimal as lawns weren't vogue becuae all
you could afford to mow with was a push reel mower, and lawns where
grasses like paspalum amd crows foot with seed stems. where all we ahd
for drainage was a grease trap which emptied into the back yard where
we played.

where we had a dunnie out the back (the most eco' efficient way toe
deal with solid waste) and no one perished from pandemics of diseases
so long as you where hygenic. and our fridge was an ice box and the
ice man came every oh i dunno now couple of days or so, he would pull
the remains of the old ice out and throw it into the abck yard, and
put in the new ice. in the summer the ice man would somehow accidently
drop a block on the raod so it broke up and all us kids would grab
chunks and suck on them then throw the rest at each other.

so our parents pre-war baby boomers the settlers, bought perishables
on a daily basis and could afford to do so, when the farmer came
around with his horse and cart or little truck 3 or 4 times a week
offering fresh as loacl grown in season produce, where the local dairy
man would come deliver milk inot our s/s billy each second morning (i
think?) this was straight from udder to you stuff.

where the icecream truck came every sunday with some fresh produce,
treats for the kids to be bought and cold beer on ice for the dads.
where you would be lucky to see a single car in each yard more like
every third yard now the new 'burb's have 3 & 4 sometimes more cars,
lots of big 6's and v8's and yes the obligatory status symble 4by that
the yuppies openly display to show the "better than the jones" morale.

no!! peer pressure and yuppieism and indoctrination into believeing
that these wastefull macmansion and all the trimmings are as good as
it gets. so us baby boomer as parent and grand-parents as well now are
battlers the common folk, the others are the psuedo neuvo rich yuppie
set, the real resource wasters, because money buys everything hey?
well got news for them they can't drink money as water nor can they
eat it as food.

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 16:54:39 +1100, Chookie
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len