Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default The trouble with Jerusalem Artichokes

Mike Lyle wrote:
Don't you just _love_ Carol? Genuine infectious enthusiasm after all
those years in the business, no nauseating telly-bizzery, total lack of
talking down or disrespect for the audience. As I've said before, I do
hope TV makes more use of its older women.

She's lovely - I've always loved her voice. She's simple and so easy to
understand - I feel I'd work well with her around the garden,
effortlessly, in perfect synch, almost psychic like I do with my best
gardening mates ) Those hands peeling the artichokes were true hard
working hands. You simply can't go wrong with simplicity and showing it
the way it is. There's so much I want to discover from her garden - I
think we'll see only one veg at a time through the same year. It's a
great idea. Great show. Can't wait next week.