Old 18-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Dan Russell

Default living space

Thank you to everyone who replied to my posting. I have gained valuable
information and plan on getting an orchid soon. However, I plan on waiting
until spring when the humidity has increased, the weather is warmer, and the
days are longer. In the meantime I will continue to research and read this
newgroup, I will let you know of my success (or lack thereof - 12 to go,
eh?).

Jennifer

"Dan Russell" wrote in message
Hello!
I have thought about growing an orchid for years now but am afraid of

utter
failure mostly because of my living space.... I live in a very dry and

warm
(22C, 72F) apartment with south-west exposure. However, the temperature
outside is very cold (-20C, -4F) and I cannot place plants on the

windowsill
due to this ( I live in northern Ontario). The only place to get orchids

in
my town is at the local Home Depot, but I can make a trip to the Niagara
Peninsula where orchid dealers are abundant. What plant would you suggest
and is it even worth trying given my living space?

--
Cheers!

...Jennifer