Old 07-01-2007, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default The trouble with Jerusalem Artichokes

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"MikeCT" wrote in message
news

wrote:
Is there something you
can eat or cook with them, which will enable you to enjoy the
wonderful flavour without making you fart?
---

Yes Caraway seeds. Also add them to vegetable stews and bean
recipes. Did you know that besides making you fart, artichokes
have diuretic properties. The more of them you eat, the more time
you'll spend in the loo spending a penny. Carol didn't mention that
did she!

MikeCT

Well all in all I think I'll give them a miss. But it was good to hear
vintage Genesis and ELP in a gardening programme!

Yes! I could not believe my ears. The ELP I heard (only saw half the
programme) was from Trilogy (Abaddon's Bolero and In the Beginning) and it
sounded amazing and not at all dated. Sold all my ELP albums about 25 years
ago though so cannot check it out again and am too shy to be seen buying
prog rock on-line :-).

Steve