Old 24-03-2003, 06:08 PM
Vox Humana

Default where can I get evening primrose flowers

"Pam" wrote in message

Erin wrote:

walmart/home depot/any decent garden shop should have them in abundance
right now.
"dennis" wrote in message
om...
What?????
Please help
I'm trying to find some evening primrose flowers for a shot

He was asking for evening primrose flowers (Oenothera), not English
primrose (Primula). You'll have a hard time finding them in flower

anywhere
in the northern hemisphere at this time of year.

I would add that if you can find someone who planted Oenothera, they are
probably begging people to take it. Someone gave me some a few years ago
and each spring I have to remove literally piles of it from my beds. It
spreads rapidly by runners and self-seeds. Each springs I find a solid matt
of the stuff in my beds. I have the yellow variety which does not bloom all
summer in my zone 6 garden. It blooms for about two to three weeks starting
in June. I started to clean out my beds yesterday and was thinking that I
have exhausted my takers of the evening primrose. If anyone in the
Cincinnati area wants any I would be glad to give them some.