Old 07-01-2007, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews Gill Matthews is offline

Default The trouble with Jerusalem Artichokes

In article , says...

wrote in message
ups.com...
Did anyone see "Grow your own veg" on BBC2 last night? It was
enthusiastically promoting Jerusalem Artichokes as easy to grow and
good to eat, enough to induce me to order some seed tubers this
morning, but omitted to mention a key fact about these little chaps.

Where can you get tubers (on-line in UK or Ireland)?
I used to have a patch of perennial sunflowers that looked just like the
artichokes and they were nice looking enough to make me want a patch, wind
or not.

Thompson and Morgan sell them online
(
http://potatoes.thompson-morgan.com/...duct/aww3114/1) although