Old 07-01-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jay[_2_] Jay[_2_] is offline

Default New to gardening

I am a passionate advocate of raised garden beds. Just type the phrase
"raised garden beds" into Google "images" and you will see pictures of
almost every type of raised garden. Also, go to:
http://greatgardens.org/article1.html/ and you can read an article
entitled "A Perspective on Raised Gardens" to see some of the
advantages of such gardens.
Jay

Raving Monkey wrote:
Hello Gardening Experts!

I am new to gardening and am aiming to try and turn my garden into a
little more ecologically friendly. So I have a couple of questions:

1) I am looking for the contaption I can put food waste into and it
naturally degrades into the garden soil, does anyone know what I am
talking about?
2) I am looking at getting a small green house and want to grow some
'easy' veg/fruit, please can you give me some suggestions as to what
and when I should be planting? I am trying to get my kids involved as
much as I can

Thanks in advance

RM

--