Old 07-01-2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default straw bale garden update +

g'day nan,

i did this project as a temporary bed and for a quicky bed, but so far
the bales are still there and doing their job since easter.

they are of course breaking down on the bottom and bottom inside edge
but that is to be expected and they by doing this creating habitat for
worms etc.,.

so before the winter planting this bed will be modified as it is not
quiet in the right place and new edging will be applied for now i will
use biscuits of hay to define the edge until we work out our permanent
edge.

we are doing a new bed now using the biscuit method i will take a
couple of pics of that to show the process.

but using hay as edging is temporary by nature, we just wanted to
expand ideas of setting up a garden and worry about the edging later
on, you know get things growing.

On 7 Jan 2007 10:29:31 -0800, "Olde Hippee" wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--