Old 07-01-2007, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Dandelion Issue

Boron Elgar wrote in message
[snp]
How much time do you have before you plant?

A whole lot of time; I wasn't going to use this particular plot this
spring and summer.

Weed what you can. Then do a very deep rototilling,
and cover the area with weighted down black plastic
sheeting. Wait a week or two, repeat pulling anything
there, then rototilling and black plastic.

Won't the roots I miss still be there, though, when I take the
plastic off?

I once used old pieces of carpet pretty successfully at retarding
weed-spread and growth but it was a major hassle when the carpeting
started to break down.

The Ranger

Boron