Old 07-01-2007, 09:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default pelleted seeds?

On 1/7/07 5:51 AM, in article
, "Steve Bonine"
wrote:

So don't buy pelleted seeds.

Free markets are an amazing thing. If pelleted seeds were "too
expensive", people wouldn't buy them, and they would cease to be
available. I happen to like pelleted seeds in some cases, so I buy
them. To me the extra cost is worth it.

Another reason for pelleted seeds is that if you're using mechanical
equipment it may require pelleted seeds. If you're a farmer who needs
to plant a few acres of alfalfa, you don't have the luxury of "saving
money" by buying non-pelleted seed because your planter won't work with
them.

That is my intention. It is just difficult to find them. When I do, I get
them in preference to the pelleted ones. For example, hybrid Celebrity
tomato seeds are usually pelleted.

Bill
-- Fermez le Bush