Old 07-01-2007, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
simy1 simy1 is offline

Default Dandelion Issue

The Ranger wrote:

so they are not dandelions.

Why would you assume that? Just because I don't want to consume
them? No thanks. I have similar feelings about wild shrooms. I'll
leave it to others, with specialized knowledge usually, to dine au
naturale.

The Ranger

aw, last post, but: dandelions have been eaten for thousands of years.
They have no deadly or unedible cousins (though some are unpalatable).
specialized knowledge? you can buy their seeds at a number of seed
outlets, for intentional seeding of your garden (truth be told,
sometimes the seeds are the similar but separate blue flowered
chicorium). You take more chances with your well being when you eat
fava beans, asparagus, or parsley.