Old 08-01-2007, 05:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default March of the Dinosaur

Robert Lorenzini wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 14:24:33 -0800, K Barrett wrote:

This is what 3 folks at the murder mystery news group use
http://news.individual.net/

About $12/year.

As do I, but you don't get APBO for $12.

Bob

Yeah, it says right on the opening page "no binaries".
I've been lucky so far. Years ago Adelphia switched to offering
newsgroups through Giganews at no extra charge. Adelphia is gone,
divided up by others. Our area was taken over by Time Warner, the people
who offer Road Runner. I don't know why, and I don't know how long it
will last, but my Adelphia address is still what I use and the
newsgroups still work the same. I assume some day, I will be told that
my Adelphia address is changing to a RR address. When that day comes,
will I still get access to the same newsgroups including ABPO?
I guess I'll just ask here and now. Somebody here must have been with
Time Warner for a while and have their Road runner mail address and
access to newsgroups. How is their service? Do you get ABPO?

Steve