Old 08-01-2007, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default New Greenhouse!

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Little Weed" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
New greenhouse arrives tomorrow for the allotment - so all we need now
is fine weather for next weekend (yep right - sigh) As is usual with
these things we have a range of advice about the glazing - to silicone
it in or not? The glass is horticultural and not toughened.
Any thoughts gratefully received
LW

Ours has been up for about 10 years.

Silicone? Yes
Hort Glass? Yes
Screwed down to a firm brick base? Yes
Sheltered from severe winds? Yes
Apex North/South? Yes
Insulated with Bubble wrap? Yes
Electricity? No
Heated? No

Hope that helps :-))

Mike

Do you still use the spring clips if you use silicon?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk