Old 08-01-2007, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default The trouble with Jerusalem Artichokes

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"MikeCT" wrote in message
news

wrote:
Is there something you
can eat or cook with them, which will enable you to enjoy the
wonderful flavour without making you fart?
---

Yes Caraway seeds. Also add them to vegetable stews and bean
recipes. Did you know that besides making you fart, artichokes
have diuretic properties. The more of them you eat, the more time
you'll spend in the loo spending a penny. Carol didn't mention that
did she!

MikeCT

Well all in all I think I'll give them a miss.

I wouldn't, they are very tasty, you are not compelled to eat them every day
you know.

Alan