Old 24-03-2003, 06:32 PM
D. Gerasimatos

Default weeds?

In article , Bill Seurer wrote:
oldal4865 wrote:
It's bothersome the first year, but after you knock down the initial crop,
you can get by with greatly reduced maintenance spraying in subsequent
years. The hand sprayer seems like a lot of trouble but it's faster than
you think, especially in later years.

Hand digging the weeds works the same and is about as effective.

But is a *lot* more work. In fact, what drove me to use chemicals was the
fact that I couldn't stay ahead of the weeds even though I was out on my
hands and knees almost every day, and I have a small (600 square foot)
lawn. I'd prefer to weed by hand, but there's no way...

Dimitri