Old 08-01-2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg Gene Schurg is offline

Default March of the Dinosaur

Or Martians will live on Earth!

"al" wrote in message news:lxyoh.1922$%Q4.1744@trnddc06...
I thought the same thing after I wrote that. It has to be fear of lawyers
for the porn that is sure to find it's way through their filters. One day
it will be possible to have a computer look at images and decide which
belong in a given newsgroup and which do not. ...and one day humans will
live on Mars.

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Al,

I think it's the kiddie porn and warez groups that keeps Google from
carrying the binaries. Google's pockets are approaching infinite depth.

would suspect carrying those groups is just too attractive a target for
the lawyers.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

al wrote:
I really wish and think one day perhaps Google will get over it's
aversion to binary newsgroups. Some of them are worth having around

and
it's not like Google doesn't have the storage space or the 'retention'
capability.