Old 08-01-2007, 09:37 PM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default help! potato emergency!

"0tterbot" wrote in message ...
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
i'm thrilled that you think so very highly of me that you think

i'd
keep a
notebook. bg!

Snort! I thought everyone had at least one garden notebook! How

else
do you keep notes on what works or when you put on white oil or
planted X tree or where you pasted your plant labels for that

exotic
tree whose name you can never remember?

i use my abysmal memory, of course!!!

I used to do the same till the frustration of not being able to
remember what I needed to, when I needed to, drove me to pick up an
exercise book in the supermarket one day. I now call my books 'Zen
for gardeners' - the peace it brings!!!!!

kylie (being organised really isn't my strong point!! i can't

emphasise that
enough!!!!)

I'll bet I can beat you hands down for being disorganised (I can

lose
a shopping list between the kitchen and the car door) but I do

keep up
my garden notebooks. I have 2 "notebooks' and lose one or the

other
on a regular basis (that's how disorganised I am) but I can always
find at least one of them - that's where I keep my recipes for

making
sprays of what works for what diseases etc. The other book that I
keep and never lose, is an "Any Year" diary and in that I write on

the
appropriate date what year it is and what I've just planted and

where
and what's in flower when (if I remember to do the flowering bit).

it sounds wonderful (except the bit where they get lost).

You know the story, under a pile of books that need to be put away,
under hats or clothes dropped on the table as you come
inside............... It's always only temperary.

i'm going to start
one, really. some time after that, i'll also weigh everything from

fruit &
veg plants, for my heirloom seed-saving records of

harvest-weight-per-plant
titter.
no, i will. one day.

Now THAT, I know I'll never do - too anal by halves.