Old 09-01-2007, 06:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_5_] Jonno[_5_] is offline

Default Air conditioners

Spot on. When I asked for my landlord to paint our roof white, he laughed
and yet it was energy efficient, but wasnt widely acceptable (I knew that)
yet used in other countries. Look a Coober Pedy, all live underground.Cool
houses, and less waste of resources. I wish I had the thousands to start a
trend, all houses would be underground, all gardens would be overhead and
all idiots opposing this would be underground. I wish.
"gardenlen" wrote in message
g'day bruce,

first up we as a society need to get a grasp that the homes we live in
are not suited to our climate, they ahve no endearing features that
make them work for us free of charge once built.

so when we got the opportunity we built a home along efficiency lines
and we needed no fans or a/c's or heating not a bad start hey?

now we have moved back to the 'burbs we looked for homes that where on
the right aspects nad orianted somewhat right so this home needs no
heating and on these muggy days needs fans, it would never need a/c.

that is where we get our comfort, so now all we have to do now is add
some passive cooling and the fans may not be needed ever.

but yes i am human like everyone else i need sleep and i need comfort
to do it in but then we take the time to find out what is needed to
work then go look for it. and at 60 something i may need a little more
comfort than when i was younger and healthier.

it takes an open mind to think outside the square, and some commitment
to the big picture to test the comfort zone envelope.

"life is about making choices" i think that is the saying.

there are alternatives to be found.

On 8 Jan 2007 18:11:45 -0800, wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,