Old 09-01-2007, 12:53 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Planting now

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
What are you planting in the veggie garden at this point in time?

today i put in some little lettuces i haven't managed to kill yet (they
should be dead by tomorrow ;-). and some leeks shortly (as replacements * ).
i was going to put in more carrots shortly too, hopefully with spring onions
as i haven't any ordinary onion seed i am supposed to plant atm. (but my
last lot of spring onions has completely failed to come up at all, so i
don't know.) also today i planted more radish seeds and more pea seeds,
seeing as how i have turned into a pea champion overnight from my prior
status as complete pea dud. i was going to put in my celery seedlings too,
but i didn't get to that. i was going to put parsnips with them, except i
haven't looked to see if it's too late for parsnips, so i don't know about
that either. if it is, more carrots :-) and maybe some beans somewhere too.
i love beans & they've been awful so far, but are fiiiinally coming on -
which tells me to plant more of them so i can gorge myself on beans before
the first frost & thereafter go beanless until this time next year (sigh).
kylie who doesn't like shop beans because they mostly sell the round ones -
too big & tough.
* speaking of jackie french and my wrong attitude to weeds - even though i
know better, because i've done it before (sigh), that was me last week
pulling out the "grass" that was growing in the baby leek bed. OH NO.