Old 09-01-2007, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default New Greenhouse!

Charlie is absolutley right.

Erecting a greenhouse is not a job to be undertaken lightly, at any time.

It took me several days to do ours (10x8).

It could be EXTREMELY dangerous with this wind and it goes without saying,
don't leave it partly glazed / with the door or vents off, for any length of
time.

Do take care,

Keith

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Little Weed" wrote in message
oups.com...

Keith (Dorset) wrote:
Hi,

I agree with Barbara, but I reckon whether you need to seal it or not

will
depend on the quality of the greenhouse. We have one where the glass is

held
in and 'sealed' with rubber strips over the joints. There are no

draughts in
the corners either although they do supply a small tube of silcon for

the
corners - which I have not bothered to use.

The Krypton Factor is a good analogy... well it was a challenge for me

too.

You won't regret it.

Best wishes,

Keith

Well thanks everyone for those ideas!
The greenhouse has arrived - complete with a crate of glass which will
need to be transported across the road to the allotment by the sheet!
We're looking forward to finding the instructions at the weekend, as
we go to work - and return - in the dark, and there is an awful lot of
packaging!
Wish us luck for the Krypton factor Mk III on Saturday come rain or
shine
LW

Frames are no problem but please do not try putting the glass in, in high
wind. Until its all in the greenhouse is not very strong plus you are
likely
to break bits.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.