Old 18-02-2003, 06:03 AM
samuel l crowe

Default Using water as thermal storage in cold frame

Where in SC are you?

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
"Sasha" wrote in message
I have a small homemade greenhouse (hoophouse) heated with two liter
plastic Pepsi bottles. The difference in mine and everybody else's
seems to be the fact that I fill the bottles with hot water at night
and put them inside the cold frame. Since I live in South Carolina, I
don't have to do this for long, and it doesn't seem to be that much
trouble. Six hot water filled bottles keeps my little greenhouse
plenty warm enough.

Never lost a plant yet doing this, and I don't have to worry that the
water didn't get warm enough.

Casey

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:27:35 -0600, B.Server wrote:

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:40:37 -0500, Trace Curry
wrote:

What's the best method for using water to store heat to be released
during the night to keep a cold frame from going below freezing?

I was thinking a bunch of those black balloons that you often see at
people's 40th birthday party - filled with water of course.

Any better ideas?