Old 10-01-2007, 01:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default While we wait for the outcome of rec.ponds.moderated

Gill Passman wrote:

OK.....you are not the most sentimental of guys out there....that is
fine....some of us do enjoy this sort of chat/banter......IMNSHO Walter
was a pet and therefore deserved respect.

I'd long since written T* off as a troll; it never posts anything that
isn't rude or inflammatory.
As for company for Koi- I know several would be better, but in a 2/3 acre
earth pond, I suspect several would soon be too many. The bass have
reached that point, but respond to thinning by the worm and six-pack
method, followed by a dignified disposal involving butter and cornmeal.

Some here already know this, but there are actual pictures on my personal
page, in the .sig below, including a somewhat maudlin essay on how the
gazebo came to be.

Walter was really my wife's pet, which made the loss doubly hard. I do
know of a local pond dealer nearby who has reasonable koi, so I'll visit
them in the spring.

We actually had a couple of inches of powdery snow last night! Looks
pretty.... now to brush it off the driveway before it turns to boilerplate.