Old 10-01-2007, 10:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Planting now

In article ,
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

What are you planting in the veggie garden at this point in time?

After the hot spell finishes (supposedly in time for watering day!) I have a
few more tomato seedlings to pop in (cherry varieties). I want to put in some
more sweet corn, and I have beetroot and capsicum seedlings ready to go. Will
have to wait a bit longer for the eggplant seedlings. The other thing I want
to plant is beans -- climbing as well as bush beans. I have never figured out
whether I should plant climbing beaans in spring or mid-summer for best
results, so I'm trying mid-summer.

I use this guide:
http://www.global-garden.com.au/plnttemp.htm

--