Old 10-01-2007, 11:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Air conditioners

In article ,
"Jonno" wrote:

Look a Coober Pedy, all live underground.Cool
houses, and less waste of resources. I wish I had the thousands to start a
trend, all houses would be underground, all gardens would be overhead and
all idiots opposing this would be underground. I wish.

LOL, we'd have a little problem with the water table if we tried to move
underground! We are on low-lying ground close to a couple of creeks that
drain into the Parramatta River.

Our DA to extend has just been approved. We are retrofitting our house to
improve winter solar access and summer ventilation, as well as improving
internal space, acess to back yard, etc. Our architect has said that we
aren't getting a lot of extra internal space for our renovation dollar. Um,
yeah. That's the point.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue