Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Planting now

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

What are you planting in the veggie garden at this point in time?

today i put in some little lettuces i haven't managed to kill yet

(they
should be dead by tomorrow ;-).

No doubt the heatwave will do them in nicely - my newly planted peas
are heading the same way despite being covered.

and some leeks shortly (as replacements * ).
i was going to put in more carrots shortly too, hopefully with

spring onions
as i haven't any ordinary onion seed i am supposed to plant atm.

(but my
last lot of spring onions has completely failed to come up at all,

so i
don't know.) also today i planted more radish seeds and more pea

seeds,
seeing as how i have turned into a pea champion overnight from my

prior
status as complete pea dud. i was going to put in my celery

seedlings too,
but i didn't get to that. i was going to put parsnips with them,

except i
haven't looked to see if it's too late for parsnips,

There is still time for them to go in. I just love fresh parsnips -
so different to the ghastly things from the shps. I wouldn't mind
betting that very few people have ever really had a good fresh parsnip
given the appallling press they get.

so i don't know about
that either. if it is, more carrots :-) and maybe some beans

somewhere too.
i love beans & they've been awful so far, but are fiiiinally coming

on -
which tells me to plant more of them so i can gorge myself on beans

before
the first frost & thereafter go beanless until this time next year

(sigh).
kylie who doesn't like shop beans because they mostly sell the round

ones -
too big & tough.
* speaking of jackie french and my wrong attitude to weeds - even

though i
know better, because i've done it before (sigh), that was me last

week
pulling out the "grass" that was growing in the baby leek bed. OH

NO.

:-))