Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default i wrote...

"Chookie" wrote in
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Doctors, hospitals and TAFEs are jsut 3 off the top of my head

where I
know services have dropped in standard or failed to keep up.

Unfortunately that is across the state. TAFE lost a huge percentage

of its
workforce in cutbacks a few years ago. Then they decentralised it

in order to
save more money. Let's see how many years pass before they

recentralise to
save more money.

The other thing that I've noticed with TAFEs is that the trend in what
they are offering seems to be downward. By that I mean that it seems
to be more about lifestyle stuff than the good solid old education
they used to offer. That may just be the locally available stuff but
I canstantly keep thinking it's fluff when I look at the courses on
offer.

Short term objectives only seem to be the goal - example: the Feds
ahve wasted the longest economic boom we've had in decades and

done
nothing except aima t keeping themselves in powere - no

infrastructure
spending and no long term planning or implementation - they're

living
on the economic reforms set in place by Labor and yet claiming

they've
done a great job economically.

Couldn't agree more. The next recession will be a very ugly one.

Yes and I suspect it isn't all that far off if one looks at things
like the stats on mortgage defaults etc. Add to that the drought and
rising costs associated with that and things are not going to improve
too qucikly.