Old 10-01-2007, 04:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default New Greenhouse!

Well thanks everyone for those ideas!
The greenhouse has arrived - complete with a crate of glass which will
need to be transported across the road to the allotment by the sheet!
We're looking forward to finding the instructions at the weekend, as
we go to work - and return - in the dark, and there is an awful lot of
packaging!
Wish us luck for the Krypton factor Mk III on Saturday come rain or
shine
LW

Frames are no problem but please do not try putting the glass in, in

high
wind. Until its all in the greenhouse is not very strong plus you are
likely
to break bits.

I spent 1/2 the afternoon putting up the frame of a polytunnel I scored free
from a mate. Much simplier than a greenhouse but 2 pieces of advice I would
give:

1. before getting free polytunnel from mate check it for rot and make him
replace any rotten wood (lousy hua gave me a free poly tunnel with rotten
wood).

2. check where wife actually wants it/will let you put it. Try to avoid
"placing it too close to the clothes line" else you will have to spend
tomorrow sawing pieces off it to make it fit the space you are 'given'.

rob