Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Okay, we can't garden so.........

Des Higgins wrote:
My wish list for this year is headed by pumpkins. Last year I ended up
growing one plant by accident (meant to do more) and got 2 pumpkins and they
were a revelation. This year I want to grow 3 or 4 plants.

We really enjoy growing the italian varieties from
http://www.seedsofitaly.com/catalogue/8. There's a dark flesh variety
on the organic section which is amazing roasted.

I am also a glutton for fashion whims and now want globe artichokes after
seeing that Carol Klein digging up muddy handfuls and making chips.

Interesting that. I usually eat my globe artichokes with a vinaigrette
;o)

Otherwise, every year, I promise I will start Asparagus and never do.
Finally, I want to try peas and or broad beans.

There the easiest ones !! This year I'm doing Monstrueux de Carantan
leeks - a childhood leek variety which grow as thick as my arm and
Jubilee Hysor and Sutton broad beans for experiment. The later is
perfect for exposed gardens - I found this claim funny so I thought
I'll try them.

The other new years resolutions, I have forgotten :-)

Just as well - you are what you is )