Old 10-01-2007, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] janeboulton_467@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default The Eden Project.

shazzbat wrote:
An opportunity has arisen for us to spend some time down that way at the
end of Jan/early Feb. I assume that being largely under cover it's pretty
much OK any time of year, any disadvantages to going in winter?

And any info about where else is good nearby, and places to stay would be
appreciated.

TIA

Steve

We went in winter and it was still quite busy. The domes are set in a
quarry so the outside parts are very sheltered. We spent a lovely hour
playing cards whilst eating our lunch at the outside tables. Mind you,
it was a beautiful, dry, sunny day.

We stayed at a B&B in Mevagissey. We'd taken pot-luck that we'd find
somewhere to stay. After trying several pubs advertising accomodation
(either not taking B&B customers as out of season or full) we were
paying for carparking at the sea front and mentioned our problem to the
carpark attendant. He pointed us to an excellent B&B a few yards up
the hill. So asking a local is a good idea.

HTH