Old 10-01-2007, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Okay, we can't garden so.........

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Cat(h)" wrote:

Jerusalem artichokes are yummy - never mind fashion and flatulence.

They're native, I believe, to the Mohawk River valley of upper/central
(New) York. The native tribal types used them for winter food, which must
have made the lodges interesting on a winter's night... I have a nice big
patch of them that is bent on world domination. Yes, they are gassy. No,
I don't care.
I'm guessing that shipping the across the pond would cause major problems
at the customs checkpoints?

Hi Gary: UK folks can get them easily from several suppliers. They do not
supply to Ireland (the ones I have checked so far anyway).
I will just get one from a local garden centre and stand back.

Des

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic