Old 10-01-2007, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Okay, we can't garden so.........

Des Higgins wrote:
How many plants did you do; how long ago did you plant them and what
variety?

The broadbeans I grow are Jubilee Hysor - fat yummy pods on sturdy
plants and Sutton broad beans is an experiment as it is said they're
great in an 'exposed' garden (I suspect it's because they're a dwarf
variety). I sow at the beginning/mid March, when I find a dry day, 15cm
apart, 20 per 2x row. Though lots of people sow in the autumn. I find
it usually too wet up here in Manc.

Peas are easy and wonderful. The one I have used 3 years running now
are Onward and Little Marvel (I mix them). 8/10cm apart, I sow 2 peas
together and remove the wicker plant. Then on the other side I sow 20
cm apart and the following week I sow in between so I usually get peas
up to October some years!

Is it worth a shot?

Anything is worth a shot!! You don't need a garden to grow veg! I
always sow too much because I consume a lot in situ )