Old 10-01-2007, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Okay, we can't garden so.........

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gary Woods wrote:
"Cat(h)" wrote:

Jerusalem artichokes are yummy - never mind fashion and flatulence.

They're native, I believe, to the Mohawk River valley of upper/central
(New) York. The native tribal types used them for winter food, which
must
have made the lodges interesting on a winter's night... I have a nice big
patch of them that is bent on world domination. Yes, they are gassy.
No,
I don't care.
I'm guessing that shipping the across the pond would cause major problems
at the customs checkpoints?

I'd say it just might! And I have found JA in a veg shop in the past.
I understand that just like garlic, you can plant what you would
normally buy from the grocer's to eat, so I may be able to do it that
way.

That is where I got my last lot, and they grew just fine.

Alternatively, I'll order from Des's UK based supplier.

Alan