Old 11-01-2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Richard[_2_] Richard[_2_] is offline

Default How to care for moth orchid after it blooms?

"Cearbhaill" wrote in
:

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
David E. Ross wrote:

The common name for Phalaenopsis is "moth orchid". Go to a real
nursery, and check to see if their Phalaenopsis looks like your
plant.

Yep, that's it.

Double check to be sure.

In another post you wrote
"It does have a tag. The tag says, "DEN. JAQ-ARUNSRI" in big letters,
and "WK-08-06 TB.1335" in tiny letters. That's all it says.

I looked up the picture on the Internet and it seems to be a
Phalaenopsis."

You seems to be indicating there that it was tagged as a dendrobium.
Phals and Dends take much different care.

You also said that the growth isn't in the form of a rosette of leaves, but
that the leaves are about every inch along a vertical 'rhizome'. In orchid
terminology, that is called a pseudobulb, and since phalaenopsis (moth)
orchids do not have pseudobulbs, I would also say that you have a
dendrobium.

Richard