Old 10-01-2007, 01:10 PM posted to aus.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Planting now

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"George.com" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

What are you planting in the veggie garden at this point in time?

tomatos, beetroot, chives, fennel, probably some more lettuce and

spring
onions shortly.

IIRC, you're in NZ aren't you Rob? How are the seasonal conditions
over there, and do you still get rain there?

unseasonably cool before christmas, 2 odd degrees down in some places and
slightly less rain in our area but the cool temperatures compensated for
that. My lawn was growing well right in to december. Things picked up slowly
after christmas but some areas had a real downpour over new years. Fine and
hot since then and just as we needed some rain (including a dryinh looking
lawn) a nice wet spell has arrived followed with showers over the next few
days. Damn humid though. Things are growing well.

rob

rob